Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 14 - Beer 17 - Dieu du Ciel! Aphrodisiaque (Happy Valentine's!)


Ladies and Gentlemen, a proper stout.

It's Valentine's Day, so I'll keep it brief. A stout should be many things - dark, bold, strong coffee bitterness with a sweet aftertaste. Aphrodisiaque is all that and more. This is the stout you graduate to. This is the stout you drink after a large Italian dinner in place of espresso. This is a true coffee stout.

It isn't an overwhelming coffee flavor, like those beers that advertise as "espresso stouts" and the like, and offers a balance of bitter and sweet without losing the strong defining qualities of a stout.

Dieu du Ciel! has yet to disappoint me and be anything other than well above average. I will have to pay this brewery a visit and offer a special inside tour for you blog readers, because it's Valentine's and I love each and every one of you.

Dieu du Ciel! Aphrodisiaque
Dieu du Ciel, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Alcohol Rating: 6.5%
Class: Stout
Rating: 9 out of 10
Quote: "I like this stout like I like my women....I'll let you finish that one."

No comments:

Post a Comment